Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Forgotten Holiday



Psalm 107:8 (15,21,31)
Oh that men would praise the LORD
for his goodness,
and for his wonderful works
to the children of men!



Psalm 107 repeats this refrain four times as it recounts all that the Lord had done for the nation of Israel.  I am often guilty of reading this Psalm and wondering how the Israelites could complain after the Red Sea, manna, quail, water from a rock, water made sweet, the pillar of cloud and fire ...  

But am I so different then the Israelites.  Here we are at Thanksgiving and it is a holiday that is forgotten between October 31 and December 25.  My God is so good to me, to America, to the World.  May I be more careful to thank him and may this verse not be said of me - this week or throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment