Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shelter from the Storm

It is a very windy day here in NC.  Remnants of Ida have pelted us with rain and leave us with a brisk day.  I really like that my laundry dries in an hour or two on the line, but wrestling it up there is a little "fun."  It has been fun to listen to the rain each night as I drift to sleep.

I am so thankful for a trailer that keeps me warm and dry on these stormy days.  It is easy to complain about the poor design, the leaky windows, the carpet stains, the shingles accumulating in the yard rather than on the roof ... but I am protected from the storm.  The Bible says "having food and raiment let us be therewith content" and my trailer is beyond that!

The title reminds me of the song "Shelter in a Time of Storm."  I have a far greater shelter than this old trailer.  Our government's actions may frighten me, society may cause me to gasp, the actions of others may cause me to shake my head ... but my shelter and rock are Christ.  When the way looks weary, when things look hopeless, when I start to worry ... well ... why worry?  Why don't I retreat to MY ROCK and leave the worry there!

It is easier said than done.  I am struggling with it today.  With prayer and a determination to change my focus to Him ... victory can be sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment