Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Changing Seasons

This morning as I look at the leaf-littered lawn and the reds and oranges on the Bradford Pear trees, I am so thankful for the changing seasons.  I love the colors of the autumn leaves, the scent of the fallen leaves as I stroll through the woods, the crisp mornings and warm afternoons.  I love winter with its "sweater weather,"  the brilliant white snow, the rest from the yard work.  I love the color of spring.  The new growth on the trees, the first tulip or daffodil to poke through the earth, the warmth, the excitement of planting a garden.  AAHH, and summer - the fresh fruits and vegetables, the warm weather, the days of vacation.  I love that my God is creative.  There is something for everyone and variety to our year. 

And God said,
Let there be lights in the firmament
of the heaven ... for seasons,  
...and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:14, 18

1 comment:

  1. i love the fact that through the internet i can enjoy all four seasons at once, vicariously. :) reading what friends are doing both north and south of the equator makes me smile.


    i love to hear your lovely descriptions of your more moderate weather. our autumn came and went some time ago, so your descriptions of yard work and hanging out clothes brings warmth to me.

    ReplyDelete