Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Smell of Home

I have been on a baking spree.  Yesterday, I worked on some homemade hot pockets at hubby's request.  Today, I have 18 apple fritters rising and ready to go in the oven shortly.  There is dough raising for English Muffins and then I will make 2 loaves of wheat bread.  I LOVE the smell of fresh baked goods!  Add to that 3 loads of laundry with the pleasant smell of laundry soap and the house smells oh so homey today.

It seems that this will be my semester for working on time management.  It is not that I have more going on, but I just have a lot more "immovable" responsibilities.  I can see that I am being pushed to make the most of each moment, to think about how to accomplish things in a time-saving order ...  Perhaps it is just this week with the start of a new semester and nightly services at the college, or perhaps I am just needing to become more efficient.

With that said, I must get back to work.  The English Muffins will need to be shaped, the fritters popped into the oven, and the last batch of dough mixed!  Then it is on to the homework.  BTW - I aced my first Hebrew quiz (OK it was just the alphabet - but at least it was a good start.)

2 comments:

  1. I taught my kindergartners the hebrew alphabet, sandra, to the tune of the alphabet song, when we studied Israel. I cant recognize all of the letters, but I can sing them! Good for you! happy studying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure smelled good when I popped over real quick yesterday evening. :) And congrats on the good mark on your Hebrew quiz!

    ReplyDelete