Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What's Ailing You?

Do you ever think about why you get sick?  Maybe you are sick from poor eating choices.  Maybe you are sick because of a lack of self-discipline.  Maybe it is worry that makes you sick.  Maybe it is sin (see Psalm 32).  Actually all sickness is a result of sin - remember the perfect world before sin in the garden.  I am not saying that your allergies or your sniffle are a result of personal sin, but they are a part of the curse of the fallen world. 

We've been thinking much about cleaning up our eating again.  It is so easy to slip ... free candy bars when combining coupons and sales ... free soft drink refills at the local filling station ... lunch meat and hot dogs are so easy on these hot days ... you get the picture.  Today I filled my cart with extra fruits and vegetables.  We will be trying some GREEN smoothies this week - just water, fruit, and GREENS. 

Why worry about it?  I might get by with poor choices today (I am not all that old yet!),  but I don't want to be "out of commission" when I need to be doing what God wants me to do today or tomorrow.  I want to have energy and strength to be about His business - whatever and whenever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment