Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Systematic Approach

I am enjoying the regular study in the book of Psalms each Wednesday night at church.  Pastor challenged us to develop our own outline of the Psalm of the week before he presented it.  While I have not always made an outline, I have tried to read the Psalm of the week each day during that week.  What a blessing!  This one (Psalm 34) is especially comforting and brings a smile as I think of the first graders (now finishing high school) who learned this in my class many years ago.

O taste and see that the LORD is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Psalm 34:8

Food always tastes best when I am relaxed, when I am "starving," or when someone else has prepared it.  The food is the same, but the way I approach it is different.  My God is always the same, yet when my view is proper, when in my need I turn to Him first, when my trust is rightly founded on Him - the fellowship is so much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment