Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Cooler Weather ... Warm Soup

Hubby and I have been fighting the "creeping crud" this past week.
There is nothing like a warm bowl of soup when you just feel "icky."
Unfortunately, many companies stick gluten in their canned soups.
We love that Progresso clearly labels their soups for us.
There are also many organic/all-natural soups that accommodate our diet.

But why search for packaged soup,
when I can make it just as easily myself.

Broccoli Cheese Soup

1/4 c butter
1/4  c flour
2 c milk
2 c chicken broth
1/2 c chopped onion
1 1/2 c broccoli (I used about 16 oz)
1/2 tsp salt
2 c shredded cheddar

Combine all but cheese on stove top and simmer until onions are cooked.
(I sauteed the onions before adding the remained of the ingredients).
Add in cheese and cook until melted.

We served with bacon pieces and Texas toast - may do homemade croutons next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment