Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Safe Spices

Most single spices are gluten free and therefore "safe."
The problem comes when you buy a mix, a marinade, a blend ...
often times there is a binder added that turns the spice into an enemy.

I am a big fan of "Italian Pork."
It is easy.
It is delicious.
It feeds a BUNCH!

I was buying Italian Dressing mix to use in this dish
and all was fine.
But then, the company changed their recipe - 
and the gluten and wheat appeared :(

But now I make my own :)
It is cheaper ...
and I always have it on hand!


Zesty Italian Dressing Spice Mix
1 Tbsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oregano
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp celery salt
2 Tbsp cajun seasoning

2 Tbsp = 1 packet

I printed the recipe on a card and stuck it on my jar
so a refill is quick and easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment