Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Perfect Timing and a Rebuke

Regrettably, I allowed Bible memory to slack off while we were remodeling and moving this summer.
God rebuked me and led me to start the book of Philippians in September.
I am thankful for God's perfect timing!
We have been handing out tracts at the fair this week.
This is not an overly comfortable activity for me ...
but Philippians 1 has been a real blessing - 
verses about boldness,
about magnifying God in my body - 
a reminder that I am only responsible for my faithfulness, not the response of others.

I am also thankful for the boldness and rebuke of two younger women.
I have found few older women who have rebuked me and helped in my training,
but this week, 2 women joined me at the fair booth.
Their willingness and increasing boldness as the days pass is a pleasant rebuke to me.
What a blessing!

I am also thankful that God knows what we can handle.
Not only does our church have a presence at the fair,
but hubby's employer does as well.
The formula for a busy week with little family time.
On Monday, hubby left for work at 7:15,
I left for the fair at 3:15,
hubby arrived to take my place at the fair at 6:30,
and he returned home at 9:30 ...
Not a great schedule,
but God gave hubby some time off on Tuesday morning.
He was standing his employer's booth on Tuesday night until 9, so they gave him the morning off.
Not only that, but when I finished at 6:30, I could join him to hand out business cards.
God knows, understands, and gives help when we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment