Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Freezer Full

I am a little late on the blog post this morning.
I had a job that had to be tended to ...
60 lbs of chicken.
Ever heard of Zaycon meat events?
That's the reason that I had 60 lbs of chicken!

I am thankful that it was cool enough to leave the meat in the car last night - 
because it would have been a chore to make room for it in the fridge,
and I did not feel like taking care of it last night after church.

I am thankful that I finished emptying the bags and trimming the fat
about 5 minutes before the trash collectors came,
so that all of the mess could be hauled away this morning.


I am thankful for a freezer full of meat ...
along with corn that my folks brought last week.

Now we are planning an open house picnic for our church family - 
I imagine that we will have grilled CHICKEN ...
and corn ...
and we will add some baked beans, chips, and of course, dessert!

1 comment:

  1. We just placed our first Zaycon order for an event in June here in Jamestown. Last I checked, they didn't have anything near us. So we'll be getting 200 lbs of chicken and you should get a $5 referral credit. :)

    ReplyDelete