Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

True Encouragement

Psalm 119:74
They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; 
because I have hoped in thy word.

Though it is necessary to encourage others with the thoughtful word and deed,
it is not only the beautiful flowers on the table,
it is not only the note in the mailbox,
it is not only the phone call,
it is not only the paycheck,
it is not only the pretty present.

The true encouragement for God's children is to see others 
who are trusting God's Word and showing that trust in their actions.

As I thought on this verse for the past week,
I was increasingly thankful for those individuals and families that challenge me.
Their love of God and trust in Him as manifested in their daily behavior
encourage me to keep growing in my own walk with God.
That is TRUE ENCOURAGEMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment