Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Show Your Gratefulness

Proverbs 17:13 
Whoso rewardeth evil for good, 
evil shall not depart from his house.

I want God's blessings on my home.
Who wouldn't? 

The writer of Proverbs gives us one step toward this blessing ...
gratefulness.

People do good things and bless me and my home often ...
Am I thankful?
Do I show my thankfulness?

Maybe I don't reward with evil exactly ...
but I thought about the times that I "use" people ...
take advantage ...
fail to show gratefulness ...
expect someone to do what I should be doing ...
fail to carry my share of the load ...

We live in a country where the welfare mentality is prominent.
It is easy to get sucked into the mindset that I deserve all of the good things that I receive.
I deserve nothing but Hell and destruction.
It is God's grace that saved me.
Gratefulness should be a natural outflow in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment