Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Faithful in All Things

Proverbs 27:23 
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, 
and look well to thy herds.

This week's Proverb reminds me of the need to be faithful
with my tasks and ministries.
There are so many things vying for my attention ...
 so many ministries ...
so many needs ...
so many "good" things.

God wants me to be diligent to my work.
I know he has given me a husband to care for,
a home to tend,
definite church responsibilities.
These things need to be cared for FIRST!

Then there are the extras.

Later in this chapter, we read the results of diligence ...

Proverbs 27:26-27
 The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.
 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, 
for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

I do not know what your "herd" or list of responsibilites looks like ...
but I do know that we should be responsible with what we have been given,
whether it be small or great.
God will provide.
Be busy and diligent doing His work.

Luke 16:10 
He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: 
and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

No comments:

Post a Comment