Pages

Monday, August 14, 2017

A Challenge Until May

I have been given another wedding challenge.
The last one was corn meal muffins for a reception,
the next one is for May ...
a gluten-free apple, cherry, or apple-cherry pie.

The bride and groom are not gluten free,
but they have a brother-in-law who is.

My first attempt will be this Sunday for a fellowship dinner.
An apple-cherry pie.

Hubby is excited 
and the groom-to-be thought it would be good if I tried
every month for the fellowship dinners at church.

Have you ever made a cherry-apple pie?

What did you think?
Success? Failure? Just stick with the "old faithfuls"?

Update:
The pie was a success.
Hubby loved it.
We both thought it was the best gluten free crust that I had ever tried.
The bride really liked the mix of the two pies
(her favorite is cherry and his is apple)
In honor of the wedding,
it has now been named the "Chapel" (ch-apple) pie!

1 comment:

  1. I did try a cherry apple pie, just not gluten free. I think I remember it being tasty. Making sure the apples are tender is the key. This time of year I really like blueberry-rhubarb!!-Sarah

    ReplyDelete