Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Into the Garden

With the house and shed repainted,
I move on to straightening the gardens.

The Lord has sent a break in humidity
and some cooler mornings,
so I am headed to the yard beyond the weekly lawn mowing adventures.

I need to trim around the trees (yes, this involves scissors).
I need to do some weed spraying around gardens and walkways.
And the weeds in the vegetable garden ... well, they are BAD!
On a positive note, the volunteer tomatoes are doing VERY well.
There is minor weeding in the flower gardens and some dead heading as well.

I am focusing on the outside right now,
because soon we will be preparing the inside for a MIL visit.
We are looking forward to an extended visit,
but will have to make the guest room more comfy than our typical 1-2 night stays.
It will be the first visit in our home in over 10 years probably.

I am also looking forward to starting a new book today.
My nephew just self-published a book he wrote for his Senior year of high school.
It is available in hard copy and ebook formats.
Would you like to support him?
Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment