Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Am I back for awhile?

I do apologize for the lapse in communication.  I had just finished tidying the house and finishing laundry from our guests when I caught a cold.  I was able to keep up on some household tasks, but the blog kind of slipped.  I am feeling better and am wondering if I am also fighting some minor allergies - supposedly NC is a pretty good place for finding allergies, though I am surprised that with the mild weather in WA that I would not have shown symptoms there. 

When I was feeling up to things last week, I was usually in the garden.  Things are coming along well.  The peas are finally blossoming and I am looking forward to the fresh vegetables again.  I have had a few radishes because they grow so fast and they are looking nicer than last year - hopefully I am watering more consistently.  The stores in our area are finally getting some nice looking annuals in so I was also doing some planting to "green" up my back porch where hubby and I like to share a morning coffee or an evening treat.  I also needed some annuals to fill-in a new Perennial garden that will be a little sparse this year.  I am usually stuck on Petunias alone, but I branched out this year with some different flowers and I think I like the result.  I will post pictures when the rain storm passes. 

I should be able to back on a schedule again soon as hubby goes back to work full-time.  School is winding down ... 2 finals today, 1 final on Wednesday, and a group project presentation on Friday.  My sailor will be back on Friday.  It seems that we have been removed from Military life long enough and hubby is willing to put on his uniform to participate in the honor guard at school on Friday night.  I was busy sewing on a service stripe and ironing the unused uniform last week and hubby polished up the shoes this weekend.  Can't say I want the life back ... but there is something about a man in a uniform :)

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you're feeling better! the end of another school year already? it hardly seems possible!

    God bless you two!

    ReplyDelete