Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Though we wished our mother's a Happy Mother's Day yesterday by phone, I wish to give them honor more publicly as well.  A mother has a huge responsibility in the home.  She is the primary agent of instruction for the children.  "Her children arise up, and call her blessed. ... let he own works praise her in the gates."  Proverbs 31:28,31  I am thankful for a mother and mother-in-law that did their best with God's help to raise their children by godly principles.  Our society is beginning to produce more and more mothers without a natural affection for their children.  My mothers are very loving and I value their care and their prayers today and throughout the years.  I am thankful for my mom who encouraged me to do my best and to not settle for second best.  I am thankful to have watched years of homemaking skills including cooking, sewing, finances, and gardening that I am able to use today.  I am thankful for Mom Bickish who taught hubby to be so caring and so consciencious of details.  Thanks, moms!  I am also thankful for my sisters-in-laws who are also wonderful mothers.  I rarely seem them stressed or rattled and yet, they are in charge of their children and are seeking to rear respectful, intelligent children with a love and respect for God.  They are not swayed by society around them but are true "keepers at home."

I am also thankful today for a God who knows all and who is kind and compassionate.  Mother's Day is not an easy day for those who are childless, and yet my God gave me a husband who could be tired of the tears after nearly 8 years and yet continues to understand and comfort on the difficult days.  The Lord has given us pastors and pastors wives in 4 of our past 5 churches who have endured long years of infertility or miscarriage themselves and who have a compassionate word on a difficult day.  Thank you pastor for your kind words yesterday!  This same God left words of comfort in His infallible Word "He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful motherof children.  Praise the Lord."  Psalm 113:9

No comments:

Post a Comment