Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Purple Hands

Today, I am having my first attempt at canning.  I have purple hands, because I am processing beets.  I am just a LITTLE excited about this and hope this is the start of a good stash of winter veggies.  We received a canner last Christmas and then some funds for my birthday to get started with some Mason jars.  Hopefully the jars will fill with beets, beans, tomatoes, pumpkin, pickles, apple sauce, pears, and peaches.  The Lord gave a beautiful day for starting - there is a cool breeze blowing through the kitchen making the steam more bearable.

I usually share a Psalm or song on Tuesdays, but I have a verse from Ecclesiastes 4.  It has been a tough month emotionally for me.  I don't really know why I am more sensitive to things this month, but this verse helped me through yesterday.  Ecclesiastes 4:6 "Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit."  If my hands are full or empty because that is what God has given and I have peace, that is far better than to have something that God does not want me to have and the trouble that might come with it.  I constantly need the reminder that God's ways are perfect.

1 comment: