Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beautiful Mornings

I have enjoyed the last 2 mornings with hubby.  The mornings have been cool and overcast and we have enjoyed a "power walk" before he headed to work.  We have upped the "power" a little by carrying weights and I am a little sore today.  It is very gray today, but it makes the grass and the flowers and the growing vegetables look so much brighter.  I am enjoying the break in the heat.

I have a "tune for Tuesday."  The song "Constantly Abiding" was sung as a special on Sunday and it has been going through my mind ever since. 

There's a peace in my heart that the world never gave,
a peace it can not take away;
tho the trials of life may surround like a cloud,
I've a peace that has come there to stay!

All the world seemed to sing of a Savior and King
When peace sweetly came to my heart;
Troubles all fled away and my night turned to day -
Blessed Jesus, how glorious Thou art.

This treasure I have in a temple of clay
While here on His footstool I roam;
But He's coming to take me, some glorious day,
Over there to my heavenly home!

Constantly abiding - Jesus is minel
Constantly abiding - Rapture divine!
He never leaves me lonely -
Whispers O so kind,
"I will never leave thee!"
Jesus is mine.

The peace of God is beyond comprehension.  It is mine because I have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  How often do I take this for granted or repress the work of the Spirit in my life rather than using His presence to continue to purify my life?  I am so thankful for the presence of the Lord.  May my life show His presence by my actions and reactions.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my 'normal' tunes. It seems to go through my mind regularly. I may not get the words all right when I sing it to myself, but I get the message.

    ReplyDelete