Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

The South still doesn't like the north and a surprise success

Well, I had a simply lovely birthday.  Hubby was home by noon and he had decided to take me to my favorite restaurant.  It is about 1 1/2 -2 hours from Shelby, but it is my little piece of the north ... Friendly's!  Needless to say, I was excited.  I had not been since our trip north in June and had gone last May for my birthday as well.  We did a little shopping on the way and enjoyed our trip to arrive at an empty building with space for lease.  How did it not survive?  The south just can't apppreciate a good scoop of icecream or a unique sundae!  So my day was a little anticlimatic.  Hubby did find a Dragon Buffet to treat me to which was also a memory from our days in Albany, NY.  He is such a sweet heart.

Last week, I mentioned that I had BBQ lentils in the crockpot.  I wasn't sure if it would be a success or not, but it sure was easy.  Hubby likes BBQ, but not in excess.  It turns out that he just LOVED this dish - HOORAY for the chef and the menu planning and the budget.  Here it is.

Barbecued Lentils

2 c bbq sauce
3 1/2 c water
1 lb dry lentils
1 pkg hot dogs, sliced

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cover.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.

How's that for easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment