Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Obedient to their Own Husbands"

I am finally back to Created to Be His Helpmeet.  It is such a challenge every time that I read it.  This chapter was again on submission and the power of a submissive, loving woman.  The Bible clearly states that a woman is to obey HER own husband.  How often will we drop everything for the request of another man while ignoring the wishes of our husband?  How often will we make commitments without consulting the head of our home?  How often will we justify our actions because our husband is not saved or is not "acting godly?"  The Bible equates my obedience to my husband as obedience to God.  God also promises that my meek and quiet spirit (if I am using it) is the force that can cause change in my husband not a nagging or complaining or self-righteous spirit.  I have seen many a wife run to the pastor, or a deacon looking for sympathy or "a way out" or an excuse for their own behavior, when their answer is right in the Word - just lovingly submit!  I have seen many a wife agree to help in any area of the "ministry" while ignoring their own home which is truly their ministry.  It is easy to want to vilify our husband and justify ourselves, but that will cause the Word of God to be blasphemed.  I was particularly struck by the fact that I can fuel the flames of anger in my husband.  How often do I bring up a subject that I know will start a "lively" discussion instead of keeping the conversation of our home on things that are true and lovely?  Again I come back to the illustration of the thermometer or the thermostat.  Rather than just report the condition of things in my home, I want to help to control it by a meek and quiet spirit that is sweetly submitting to God's plan as given in His Word.  Will you rise to the challenge as well?  Why not take God as His Word and leave the results to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment