Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Eating Simply

No fabulous recipe this week.  We did have a fabulous meal yesterday, though.  The garden is beginning to produce and I am falling in love with snap peas.  It is dangerous that my garden lines the front walkway, for every time I leave the trailer, I grab a handful of snap peas.  Delicious!  On Sunday, we had a simple meal of Teriyaki marinaded grilled chicken, brown rice, and gingered snap peas.

Gingered snap peas

1/2 lb. Fresh peas trimmed
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp salt

Microwave peas in water for 3-4 minutes.  Drain.  Combine butter, ginger, and salt.  Drizzle over the peas; toss to coat.

I just love eating FRESH veggies from the garden.  I am amazed at the glory of God's creation and His bountiful provision for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment