Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Christmas Songs

Well, the truth is that there are Christmas songs going around in my head this week (alright, they have been for about 4 weeks now).  The children at church have begun work on a Christmas program and their songs are going around and around in my head as I try to memorize them myself and try to concoct inventive ways to teach and present them.  Many of the songs focus on a reason to praise the Lord.  He came in humility; He loves me; He is royalty; He gives me blessings every day; He left me with a job to do.  I think that the children are enjoying "Gospel Bells" the best!  When we began the song, I asked the children what gospel bells were.  My favorite answer was "they are door bells, for when you go on door to door."  I guess they put a practical nature to the understanding that gospel bells means we are telling others of Christ and His love for them.  We won't save this song for Christmas, we are going to sing it this week at church for the conclusion of Mission's Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment