Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Hunting Season

My invisible laundry - its camouflaged.
That's a lot of camo!
Today I am thankful for hunting season. Hubby thinks I may be the only woman in the world thankful for hunting season.  It is not a hardship for me while hubby is in school because he cannot be consumed with the activity.  If you know the "pre-marriage" Sandra, you may find it strange that I rejoice in a hunt.  You see, I did not grow up in a hunting family, nor was hunting a predominant activity in the towns where I grew up.  But hubby, on the other hand, grew up with bows and guns in his hands and with deer, elk, and other game processed for winter consumption.  This week, I have been washing and airing camo clothes that have just arrived from MT and hubby is planning to go hunting on Saturday night.  He is not hoping for much, because he has no time to watch the habits of the deer at the locations where he will shoot, but he is excited to think that he might be able to put some meat in the freezer.  If he does, another Thursday's blog will give thanks for a deer and a few Mondays will be devoted to finding good ways to cook deer (hubby grew up on deer jerky and I have maybe eaten deer twice in my 35 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment