Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"thinketh no evil"

Sins of the mind seem to be the hardest to deal with.  These sins are often hidden from the sight of others and may not offend as the outward physical sin.  Yet they are just as damaging and just and heinous in God's sight.  True love thinketh no evil.  It does not hold a grudge, it does not imagine motives, it does not seek revenge ...   How prevalent is it to hear a wife talk about the "bad" things that her husband has done.  How often do you hear that "I am not going to do that while he is still doing this."  True love serves regardless of the situation.  Am I (are you) holding onto something that is preventing godly love in the home (or in the church)?  Give it to God and watch Him work in your life.

I started the fall cleaning last Saturday with the smallest bathroom and am working this week in the Master bedroom.  It is hard work, but well worth it!  I am still picking beans and it looks as if the tomato plants might have another short season before I prepare the garden for next year.  I have put myself back on a fairly strict schedule and it seems to be helping me to get more accomplished.  I was feeling a little overwhelmed and the Lord freed up an hour for me today by having another student cancel piano lessons.  He truly does know what we can and cannot handle and rightly orders are steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment