Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Still Using Apples

1/2 of our bushel of apples are gone.  3 batches of Apple dumplings, 3 dishes of Apple Crisp, One batch of Apple Sauce and 1-2 apples per day as a snack.  Even hubby is finding that the apples are not bothering him as they usually do (if he doesn't overdo it).  The Apple Crisp has been a hit as a breakfast, or a dessert.  I am glad that it is a favorite because it sure is easier than pie or dumplings :)  My sister-in-law gave me this recipe when hubby and I married 8 years ago.

Apple Crisp

4 c sliced tart apples
2/3 - 3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c flour
1/2 c oats
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 c butter, softened

Arrange apples in greased 8" square baking pan.  Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over apples.  Bake at 375* until topping is golden brown and apples are tender, about 30 minutes.

How easy is that?!?

All the apple cooking is appropriate as we enter the season of Autumn.  We have enjoyed two very COOL evenings and used NO air conditioning yesterday in the trailer.  I am not assuming that we have used it for the last time this year, but I'll take what comes my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment