Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

...seeketh not her own

True love in the home...  It truly is a selfless act which is shown in this small description in I Corinthians 13:5.  Love is not selfish.  This concept flies in the face of modern teaching.  How many times have you heard or even adopted the though, "I just need some 'me' time."  Or perhaps you have heard and absorbed, "you just need to pursue your own goals and interests!"  It is everywhere.  I am not saying that a mom or a wife should never take a rest, but couldn't that rest include her family.  (Of course, this is more easily done when the children are trained that there are "quiet" times in the day and when I as the wife have been diligent to fulfil the tasks that I should to help my husband)  I am also not saying that a mom or a wife should not have interests and hobbies, but couldn't they be for the betterment of her family or including the family.  (Sewing to clothe the family, scrap booking with children, cooking with the family.)  Return to the thought again - if you are married, your job is a helper. The helper does not make all the plans or leave in the middle of completing the work, it aids in fulfilling the plans.  If you are a mother, your job is in training and directing those little (and big) ones for the few years that they are in your home.  Are your selfish pursuits worth failing as a helper or not investing in your children?  My goal today:  Serve others, not self!

Other goal:  Survive my first violin lesson after having the summer off!

No comments:

Post a Comment