Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Black Beans and Corn with Salsa Dressing

I mentioned that were having company on Saturday night.  I was making Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas - a recipe that I received from a friend in Washington.  I love the enchiladas, but they do look a little boring on a plate, so I needed a bright side dish.  This cold salad fit the bill and balanced out the spice of the the green chilies in the enchiladas.  Hubby said that it was a "keeper" and that is good enough for me.  I like it because it can be made ahead to help the entertaining go smoother.

Black Beans and Corn with Salsa Dressing

1 - 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 c cooked whole kernel corn
1 red sweet pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (3/4 c)
1 celery stalk with leaves, sliced (2/3 cup)
1 T snipped cilantro or parsley
1 recipe Salsa Dressing (below)
(combine 1/4 c plain yogurt, 1/4 c mayonnaise, and 1/4 c salsa)
1/2 of a medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced (optional)

Combine beans, corn, sweet pepper, celery, and cilantro. 
Add dressing. 
Toss to coat. 
Cover; chill 2-24 hours. 
Garnish with avocado slices. 
(6 side dish servings)

No comments:

Post a Comment