Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Word of the Year: Contentment

con·tent·ed
adj. \kən-ˈten-təd\

:feeling or showing satisfaction with one's
possessions, status, or situation

*** *** *** *** *** ***
Learning to wait peacefully for God to open and shut doors.
 Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned,
in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

I Timothy 6:8
And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

 Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness;
and be content with such things as ye have:
for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee

I Timothy 6:6
But godliness with contentment is great gain.

*** *** *** ***

Been working on this for awhile, but more so since hubby's graduation.
Not struggling with "possessions,"  but rather an acceptance of God's will
in my "status" and "situation."

BTW: the idea for a word of the year came from my aunt at 4:53am

No comments:

Post a Comment