Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Know Where I Stand

Isn't it frustrating when you don't know where you stand?
Perhaps you are trying to figure out what pleases an employer.
Perhaps your children have said, "I didn't understand what you wanted!"
Perhaps you are unsure of the state of a present friendship.

God leaves no doubt as to what He wants from His children.
He wants my humble heart.
What a difference humility makes in my home,
in my friendships,
in my church,
in my attitude ...

Psalm 51:15-17
O Lord, open thou my lips;
and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
For thou desirest not sacrifice;
else would I give it:
thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:
a broken and a contrite heart, O God,
thou wilt not despise.

No comments:

Post a Comment