Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Mind of A Nose

Psalm 104:24
O LORD, how manifold are thy works!
in wisdom hast thou made them all:
the earth is full of thy riches.


I was reminded this week to be thankful for the great design of our human bodies.
It never ceases to amaze me that the smell of ham and/or coffee
takes me to my grandma's house in Western NY.
The smell of PineSol takes me to a girls camp in the Adirondack Mountains.
As a Navy wife, a trip to the Quick Lube for an oil change could set me in tears
for the smell of the mechanics shop would remind me of my hubby far away.
I was reminded of that this week as hubby came home from the shop -
the scent of fuels, oils, and fluids was in the air (and the laundry) again -
a reminder of 10 years ago when I first met this handsome, young, grease monkey :)

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the smell of oil and diesel might have a much more pleasant remembrance to it. If only the smell of diesel was easier to get out of clothing. . .

    ReplyDelete