Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Easy Bake Cheddar Biscuits

My hubby could live on biscuits (I think).  In that area, I guess he belongs in the south.  One perk of eating at Red Lobster is their Cheddar Bay Biscuits and these certainly come close.  It is the butter that makes these SOOO good.  They are best served with a lite meal.  This recipe was originally printed in a Kraft Magazine.  I think I will be making these later in the week to serve with Lentils and Rice.

Easy Bake Cheddar Biscuits

1 c flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c cold butter, cubed
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 c milk
(for the true Red Lobster taste - I add some garlic powder too)

Mix flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar, and salt (and garlic powder) in medium bowl.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in Cheese.
Add milk; stir until mixture forms a soft dough.

Place on lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times or until smooth.
Pat out dough into 6 inch square.  Cut into 9 squares.
Place on greased baking sheet.

Bake at 450* for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. For the true Red Lobster taste, you need some herbs in it as well. I think I use a little Oregano, Basil, and/or parsley. Last time, I sprinkled garlic salt on the outside (lightly) and they were very good.

    ReplyDelete