Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stop Looking at Everybody Else!

Luke 12:15
And he said unto them,
Take heed, and beware of covetousness:
for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance
of the things which he possesseth.

It sure is easy to get drawn away into lust and discontent and today's society.  We are surrounded by "toys" and gadgets all designed to make life easier - to keep me connected - to help me to stay in touch with EVERYONE!  Oh, do I battle it ... wouldn't it be great to blog on a cell phone while waiting for an appointment or waiting to give a piano lesson?  Wouldn't it be great to update our church website from home instead of using wi-fi in another location?  Wouldn't that Keurig make spur of the moment entertaining a breeze?  Wouldn't that large country club home that I delivered a tract to on Saturday be just the thing to make me "happy?"  Would it be so bad to have this or that.  The rich man in the parable following this warning was looking to "take his ease."  He didn't realize that life was short and that his life would end before he fulfilled his BIG plans.  Just another verse God gave to remind me to be content - he has a plan for me and it is different than the plan he has for you.

My plans for today including finishing some Wrench Rolls and planting some peas.  I am about 2 weeks "late" on the peas, but am looking forward to getting back to the dirt!  The wrench rolls are not a strange, new delicacy, but rather a request from hubby.  I will show pictures tomorrow, but basically it is a mat with a pocket for each wrench in a set.  When not in use, the mat can be rolled up and stored neatly.  I finished 2 yesterday which promptly disappeared to the shop this morning, but I have 4 more to go.  Why so many?  2 rolls for each location - car, truck, and work - 1 standard roll, 1 metric roll.  I am practicing my upcycling skills - the pocket came from an old pair of hubby's work pants, and the roll itself from a well-loved jean jumper!

No comments:

Post a Comment