Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Goals

I am one of those people who accomplishes most when I have goals, lists, a vision to accomplish. 

I love to make a daily list of things to do.

I love to have a goal to strive for.

Some goals are silly and frivolous, others better my health, still others help others.

One of my housekeeping goals is to have a sweet smelling house.
It is a relatively simple goal, but cannot be accomplished with dirty dishes in the sink
or a trash can that needs to be emptied.

I desire to be a godly wife, a keeper at home.
This is not simply to be a housekeeper.
My goal is to keep the influence of the world out of my home,
to create a sanctuary where my husband can study and grow,
to create a place where people feel at home and comfortable,
to meet the needs of my hubby and our guests,
to be feeding myself in the Word daily.

Currently I am working on reviewing my memorization of the book of James
and trying to memorize the book of Galatians in a year's time.
So far, I am ahead of my goal of 2 verses each week :)

I am also currently working to get back to regular jogging.
I am only on week 2 of a regular regiment, but hopefully over the big pain!
I am following a plan mapped out here to get to jogging 3 miles straight in 9 weeks.
I am not sure that I won't have to do some weeks twice, but it is at least a goal.
I am not so interested in my time (though I do like to see it improved)
as in my perseverance to stick with it!

One of my lifetime goals is to live up to my name.
The name Sandra means "helper of mankind."
I want to be known as one who helps, not one who hinders or tears down.

It is said, "If you shoot at nothing, you are destined to hit it."
Not me - I would rather shoot for the moon!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! I went from not running to a 5k in about 8 weeks. If I don't go too long without running, I can do 3 miles in a day or two. A lady who started running last fall just ran a 10 mile race this past Saturday (I'm a little behind her in training - and by little I mean a lot) I am currently trying to improve on my time for a 3 mile race on March 10th. I need to hit under 23 minutes to be an improvement. So far, it is still looking like an ambitious goal, but it wouldn't be fun if it weren't.

    ReplyDelete