Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Baking

I would much rather bake than cook.  Perhaps it is because I have such a sweet tooth ... or because home-baked goodies go so well with a hot cup of coffee or tea.  I made a batch of Spice Bars this morning so that I would have a treat to put in hubby's lunch box and then two loaves of Pumpkin Spice Bread (one for now and one for the freezer).  My experiment this week will be a batch of soft pretzels on Saturday night for my date with hubby.  I LOVE a nice hot pretzel covered with buttery cinnamon and sugar ... and hubby is hoping for a pepperoni pretzel to dip in pizza sauce.  So long Aunt Annies ... on to Aunt Sandra's pretzels!

******* ******* ******* *******

7 skirts were finished and shipped last week.  Hooray!

We spent much of Saturday in Asheville, NC
blitzing the area with tracts and other gospel materials-
we are praying for some response from the Jewish community there.
A friend is making plans for mass distribution in Charleston, SC next.

On week three of my jogging challenge - getting harder, but the pain is lessening.
I shaved one minute off my time last week!

My projects this week include a bulletin board for church in March
and a new gospel tract for a friend.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah for homemade pretzels! We don't make them enough. Good job on the running! I pushed myself last week and did a further distance on the treadmill than ever before (although some walking was involved) Keep it up! I'm learning to figure out when the pain is from pushing myself, or from my shoes giving out (shins & knees start hurting).

    ReplyDelete