Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Comfort

Psalm 139:1-5
O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising,
thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down,
and art acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue,
but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
Thou hast beset me behind and before,
and laid thine hand upon me.
 
I have had a rough couple of weeks emotionally, but the Lord is faithful to bring encouragement and comfort.  I read this Psalm this morning.  I LOVE this Psalm.  Though I may feel alone, though I may feel that no one understands … my God created me, he knows me … inside and out

2 comments:

  1. I love this Psalm, Sandra. I recently spoke in high school chapel, using this Psalm and a game of candyland! I like the NIV wording: He is familiar with all my ways.

    ReplyDelete