Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Always There

Psalm 55:22
Cast thy burden upon the LORD,
and he shall sustain thee:

I saw a very practical example of this verse yesterday while I was out grocery shopping.  Recently, my shopping trips have greatly changed.  I am experimenting with a Gluten-free and a reduced dairy diet.  I am sure that some gluten is sneaking in due to my ignorance, but I am trying to learn and be diligent in this area.  According to some research that I have done, gluten can be a cause of unexplained infertility.  Some of the other maladies caused by gluten included severe headaches, depression, and digestive troubles.  We know that hubby has wheat sensitivies, and he finally agreed to try the diet to support me.  The problem is the cost.  Gluten-free is increasing in popularity, but is not mainstream yet.  One small bag of gluten-free flour is between $4-10 dollars.  Yikes!  One small bag of xanthan gum (the non-gluten, gluten) is $12 in our local grocery store.  I stood in the store and asked God to please provide that I could stick with this plan for at least 2 months so we could discover if it affected our health.  I left many of the expensive products at the store and vowed to research some more. 

On my way to piano lessons, I pass our discount grocery store.  Usually I shop there for marked down chips and crackers and other frivolous snacks.  I almost did not pull in because those crackers and snacks are "off-limits" for awhile.  I pulled in anyway and was glad that I had for God had stocked the shelves FOR ME!  Rice pasta - 59 cents a bag.  Rice mac and cheese (similar to kraft mac and cheese) - 99 cents a box.  And that xanthan gum - 49cents a bag - talk about a mark down.  Even a box of cupcake mix for a treat for hubby.

It is hard to remember to just give my burdens to the Lord the first time.  He heard that prayer in my local Ingles and directed my steps to His provision.  Praise the Lord!

1 comment: