Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Another Day

I am almost to my running, or what I call wogging (walk/jog) goal.  My first goal is an 11 minute mile.  I am about 30 seconds from it.  Actually, if I did not include my warmup walk in my 3 miles, I am sure that I could meet my goal.  I will have to set a new goal next week - I hope.

Today, I cleared out the piles of boxes in the trailer.  I was very glad for the ease of loading a pickup truck rather than wrestling with a compact car.  Off went the boxes to the yard sale.  My friend's sister's house is stacked with all the goods for the yard sale.  It will be a 4 day sale, so hopefully it will ALL go.  She is using the proceeds to help our friend purchase and mail gospel literature.  I am so excited!

Next, I went grocery shopping.  This is still a different phenomenon for me these days.  Avoiding wheat and typical flours is a chore and a half.  I must say, if it were not for hubby encouraging me and pointing out improvements we have already seen - I would definitely give up!  One of the store's I shop at labels all of their gluten free products.  I had to smile to discover that my childhood favorite cereals are gluten free.  I left them on the shelf because of the sugar content, but Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles are gluten free.  Oh = the memories!

Now it is time to look toward dinner.  Not sure what tasty experiment I will try tonight, but hopefully it will fare better than last night's :)

Sorry, I was so late getting the pictures fixed on the blog so that you could vote for a tract cover.  The overwhelming winner appears here.  While I like the picture, it was not my favorite ... but it was hubby's favorite, and a sister-in-law's, and an aunt's, and a brother's ... .  I am not really all that picky and am excited that it is published and will soon be used to share the gospel with people here in Cleveland County and around the nation.

1 comment:

  1. I liked that one, too. I just thought the voting was over. ;) Great job on the wogging! Made me chuckle, and that is a good rate for 3 miles of 'wogging'!

    ReplyDelete