Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Having Breakfast Tonight

Hubby requested breakfast for dinner tonight.  He happened to notice that there was some ham in the refrigerator and knew it would appear with a "breakfast-type" meal.  This meal was found here.

Ham and Potato Saute with Baked Eggs
Yield – 4 servings
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 5 to 7 minutes

1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 bag (28 oz.) frozen diced Potatoes O’Brien
(I'll just dice and precook my own potatoes)
2 cups ham, diced
3-4 eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
Dash of Italian seasoning for serving

Directions
Preheat Oven to 350.
Add the oil, potatoes and ham to the skillet and saute for 7 to 9 minutes. Then make a few wells for the eggs.
Crack the eggs into each well. Then put the skillet right into the oven.
Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or longer if you want the egg completely baked.
Sprinkle a little salt and pepper and some Italian seasonings onto each egg.

Sounds quick and easy, but hearty enough to fill the hubby.

** ** ** ** ** **

Today, I am back to week 4 of the jogging challenge.  I missed a 2 of 3 days last week due to revival meetings, rain, and general fatigue.  I have the 4th load of laundry in - it is VERY breezy today and they are drying quickly.  Maybe I will try for a 5th!  I must land myself in the "guest room" today - it has become a catch-all and is definitely getting on my NERVES!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I read the 1/2 bag of frozen potatoes O'Brien and thought 'Wow, I didn't think my sister would use frozen pre-packaged potatoes' then I read the next line. I thought for a moment I was losing track of my own sister. Good job on the running challenge! I have my next race this Saturday that I am trying to push myself to do well in, but not over train this week and hurt myself. :)

    ReplyDelete