Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Tribute to Friendly's


I am sitting at the computer enjoying the sound of a healthy rain.  It has been taunting us for a number of days and finally arrived!  The gardens and planters will enjoy a good soaking and I am glad that the skies waited till the Monday wash was all dried before opening.

Tonight I am cooking a tribute to my favorite Yankee restaurant - FRIENDLY'S.  Primarily Friendly's is known for their sundaes ... of course, how can you go wrong with ICE CREAM!  I am so surprised that they are not popular down here where ice cream is so inviting on the hot, humid days.  Anyway, I digress.  They also have awesome Super Melt sandwiches.  Basically, they are grilled cheese sandwiches stuffed with yummy stuff - chicken, or turkey, or bacon, ... there are quite a number to choose from.  I have not mastered gluten-free bread, yet, but am making Super Melt pizza tonight.  One will be BBQ chicken and bacon with Monterrey jack cheese.  The other will be ham and cheese (with tomato and pickle and maybe a little mustard for hubby).  Perhaps it won't quite be like enjoying my New England favorites, but I hope it will come close!

No comments:

Post a Comment