Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

At the End of Myself

Psalm 73:28
But it is good for me to draw near to God:
I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
that I may declare all thy works.

One of my greatest struggles is keeping my eyes on my own life.
In this, I have something in common with the Psalmist, David.
Throughout Psalm 73, he struggles.
To him, it seems that the wicked are prospering.
Why?  Why?  Why?
I watch others and wonder, "how come they can have what they want?"
"why do things seem so easy for them?"
But, like David, I need to return to the Sanctuary of God
(private or public worship)
GOD IS IN CONTROL!
The difficulties of today are simply to strengthen my relationship with Him.
God wants me to be rid of self and to draw near to Him.
I might want the "easy" ride,
but I wouldn't want the sickly relationship that might go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment