Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Week to Catch up

Last week, seemed a little like a whirlwind.  It started with the Sunday School party, some extra physical work on the church, piano lessons as normal, 2 atypical tract distribution opportunities, and a day to celebrate our anniversary.  All of the work was needful and a blessing, but we do plan to have more "home time" this week. 

Today was for cleaning, catching up on laundry, and getting back to schedule.  I barely fit it in, but I am baking banana bread.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I now own a grain mill and hubby took me to some Charlotte "healthy" stores to look for whole grains.  We didn't find all of the ones that I was looking for, but I did find millet and buckwheat.  I also discovered that I can actually get the grain cheaper through Amazon then our "city" stores.  Yesterday, what should appear in the paper but a gluten-free recipe for banana bread using millet and brown rice flour!  So, tomorrow morning we will enjoy some sweet bread with our smoothies :)

Banana Bread

5 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
1 c brown rice flour
3/4 c millet flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xantham gum
1/4 tsp baking powder

Beat butter and sugar with mixer on high until mixture is light yellow and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time mixing on med. until thoroughly combined.
Add banana and 1/3 c water and mix on low for 1 minute.
Sprinkle remaining ingredients over batter.
Stir batter just until combined.
Spoon into foil lined, sprayed 9x5 bread pan.
Bake at 350 for 50-55 min.
Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes in pan.
Lift bread out of pan and cool completely on rack.

Next week, I'll share with you the recipe for yummy quinoa stuffed peppers
that we tried tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I love it when a plan comes together: mill, grains & new recipe to try. :)

    ReplyDelete