Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Never Thought It

It is a beautifully cool August morning here. 
I believe that the house is about 71* with the windows open. 
My morning coffee is much more enjoyable on a day like today!

The title of the blog is spurred by the thought that I can now grind my own grain to make gluten free flour.  I feel rather homestead-ish.  This weeks "Thankful Thursday" entry was a no brainer.  After mentioning that I had discovered that I could make my own flour for a fraction of the cost with a grain mill, my entire family decided to help me in that endeavor.  I am so thankful for this early Christmas gift and the generosity of my dear family.  I am very excited to see how this may change my experience with gluten free baking. 

This week, my grain mill arrived and tomorrow hubby is taking me to the "big city" of Charlotte to see if we can find some grains and set to work making some gluten free flour blends.  The weather is cooling and it will soon be possible to do more baking.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! We love our grain mill. It does our wheat and has done rice and lentils just as easily.

    ReplyDelete