Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Precious Jewel

Ecclesiastes 7:27-28
Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher,
counting one by one, to find out the account:
Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not:
one man among a thousand have I found;
but a woman among all those have I not found.
 
Proverbs 31:10 
Who can find a virtuous woman?
for her price is far above rubies.
 
I read Proverbs 31 again yesterday (the 31st of July).
I am always challenged by this lady.
So challenged that I am going to study it out once again and
try to find practical ways to be the Proverbs 31 woman today.
 
In Ecclesiastes, Solomon was looking for wisdom, for the one that pleased God.
It is interesting that Solomon had 1000 wives/concubines.
Is it coincidence that he mentions that out of 1000 woman,
he could not find what he was looking for?
 
Solomon realized that the woman that is full of virtue is rare and of great value.
I have so many sinful tendencies that are contrary to this pattern of the virtuous woman.
But, Oh how I long to be that rare jewel!
So I will start with meditating on:
 
Proverbs 31:11
The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her,
so that he shall have no need of spoil.
 
I will let you know if I came up with any practical ideas
for earning and meriting hubby's trust this week on next Wednesday's blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment