Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Prayer in Song

Two weeks ago, I asked hubby if he would choose the following hymn to sing in the evening service. 
I grew up singing it, but had not sung it in years. 
It has been a frequent prayer of mine in the past week and a half.


May the Mind of Christ, My Savior

May the mind of Christ, my Savior, live in me from day to day,
By His love and pow'r controlling all I do and say.

May the Word of God dwell richly in my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph only thru His pow'r.

May the peace of God, my Father, rule my life in ev'rything,
That I may be calm to comfort sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me, as the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing - this is victory.

May I run the race before me, strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus as I onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me as I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel, seeing only Him.

Kate B. Wilkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment