Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Preparations

It is another humid day in NC.  I think that the heat and humidity is wearing on me, for I am not feeling all that great today.  I did manage to mow the lawn this morning and hung one load of laundry out to dry, but other than that, it is a day to remain inside.  That's not a problem today, because there is preparation to be made for tomorrow.  Someone in this household is having a birthday tomorrow.  He will be a whopping 33!

While he will be working a normal work day tomorrow, I will try to make the day special when I can.  I am going to make him sausage balls for breakfast with a side of Washington state sweet cherries that I picked up at the store today.  I also bought some dark chocolate almond milk for a treat.  I bought gluten free rolls so that he can have a sandwich in his lunch (imagine a sandwich being a treat)!  We will go out for dinner, but I am attempting a birthday pie for dessert.  He is fond of Peach-Plum Pie with vanilla frozen yogurt on the side which suits this season to a T.  Why the attempt?  So far, I have made gluten free pie with a single bottom crust (I am so glad that hubby loves pumpkin pies) and was glad that the patch job would be covered, but I have not attempted a two crust pie.  Gluten free crusts are difficult to deal with and the one I am trying requires lots of chilling, so I am attempting to be patient and hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment