Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's Still Applicable

Psalm 67:1 

God be merciful unto us, and bless us;
and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah.

That thy way may be known upon earth,
thy saving health among all nations.

Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.

O let the nations be glad and sing for joy:
for thou shalt judge the people righteously,
and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.

Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
 
Then shall the earth yield her increase;
and God, even our own God, shall bless us.

God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.
 
This Psalm should be the text in our Wednesday night prayer meeting this week.
I try to read it through the week so that it is already working in my heart before arriving at church.
I often use verse one and two in my prayers and perhaps have used it even more this week
as I have read the verse daily and circumstances around me push me to my knees.
We need God's mercy and blessing!
This mercy and blessing will lead others to Him (see verse 2).
 
Then verse 6 jumped out this morning as I looked at a basket full of tomatoes.
Piles of tomatoes - all from volunteer plants.
We have an awesome Creator.
-The piles of tomatoes are now canned and ready to continue to bless us through the year.-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment