Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Dinner for Seven

Sorry, I missed a blog on Friday.  Last week was anything but normal including transporting a friend to the doctor, having lunch with hubby at work one afternoon, having all of my piano students, and babysitting.  They were all good activities, just different than usual. 

It was good to be back on schedule this morning.  I began with a run with hubby at 4:45.  He encouraged me by complementing my pace :)  We had been running on an uneven surface for the past two weeks and it was nice to be on a flat road today.  When hubby left for work I started with a cleaning of the house.  I emptied the laundry basket and the pile of dry cleaning and ironing that was begging for some attention. 

Despite the typical morning, it will not be a typical afternoon for I don't typically cook for 7 - that's hubby and me, the neighbors on new baby vacation, and a friend whose wife is out of town.  So, I will break down and use the oven today to make Sesame Chicken, Asian noodles (with some stir fried garden veggies thrown in), and some pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing.

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing

3/4 c honey (or honeycomb, pure maple syrup, brown rice syrup, or sucanat)
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin or winter squash
2/3 c olive oil (or melted butter)
2 1/2 c whole grain flour (mine will be all purpose gluten-free)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix all ingredients.  Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 375* for 10-12 min. (12-15 for gluten free); cool.
Frost.

ICING

4 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 c butter softened
2 Tbsp honey (or alternates above)
1/4 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients and frost.



No comments:

Post a Comment