Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Asian Noodles

Last Tuesday, we had the privilege of kidsitting for some friends in the church.  I had not babysat since last fall.  Three Little People ages 2 through 5.  I felt up to the challenge and it allowed me to get adventurous with my cooking again.  Since one of our little friends has a modified diet free of many common allergens, I broke out my Autism cookbook to plan a meal that was "safe" for him to eat.  In the process, I found two new favorites for the Bookish household.  I love when things work out that way!

Asian Noodles

1 lb corn spaghetti (I used a corn/rice noodle)
1/2 c light sesame oil
1 Tbls evaporated cane juice or agave nectar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 scallion, sliced (I omitted this)
1/2 c roasted sesame sees (I omitted this too)

Boil spaghetti until tender.  Rinse in cold water.
Combine all other ingredients and stir with a whisk until blended.
Pour over spaghetti and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment