Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Getting the Message

I am sure that you have tried to explain something before only to receive a blank stare in return.
Or perhaps you were receiving instructions and the words really meant nothing.
Words were exchanged, but communication was not occurring.

One of the perks of being married to one that preaches is that his messages are communicated clearly in my mind.  While I can and do learn and grow from others, there are definitely fewer barriers when hubby is preaching.  When hubby preaches, not only do I receive a preview all week, but I just understand his language and his style.  Since he has been preaching a lot lately, I have had a lot of food for thought. 

John  -  "I am not the Christ."  - oh, a reminder that "He must increase, and I must decrease."  It seems that this week I have had to battle my stubborn pride more than ever.  It is not about "my" way, but about His way.

Titus  -  "maintain good works" - serving others should be a habit that starts in my home and overflows into my entire life.  It is not an on-again, off-again endeavor.

Job  -  a battle for the glory - while not preached by hubby, it has been in my mind for two weeks now.  As in the story of Job, Satan knows where I am weak and he definitely uses it to his advantage.  He wants me to "curse God and die" rather than to glorify God in my trials.  Daily I must decide to let God order my life and allow the trials as He sees fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment